Wearable daytime purple lips

Basic day time makeup made that little bit more interesting with a purple lip. Dark / purple lips scare some people and can sometimes look a bit halloweeny but here's a basic makeup look that makes day time purple lips simple & acceptable. 


To start I prep my skin with my Mac 'prep & prime - natural radiance base lumiere' in the yellow shade, followed by my Mac 'studio fix fluid' in shade NW30. 

I apply my foundation with a Real Techniques angled foundation brush which I then blend out with my beauty blender sponge. 


To contour I use my Morphe Brushes contour kit and use the far left bottom corner shade and the far right top corner shade. They are both warm shades that aren't too harsh for a day time contour.


To set and amplify my contour I use a maybelline translucent pounder and bronzer in shade blonde, followed by my Mac highlighter in 'soft & gentle'. 


I apply the highlighter along the tops of my cheek bones using a Beauty Bay blusher brush and with the excess product, run the brush along the tip of my nose and across my top lip to give a subtle highlight to them. 

Once I've finished my face makeup, I colour in my brows using the Anastasia Beverley Hills 'Dip Brow' in shade dark brown with the ABH brow brush number 12. 


For a subtle day time eye I use the Morphe Brushes eyeshadow pallette in 35N. This is a perfect day time pallette as it is full of neutral matte tones. Once finished, I complete with a layer of Benefits Roller Lash mascara - THE BEST mascara I have used! 


I don't apply much mascara or any eye liner because I find to keep these look wearable, the trick is to keep the rest of the makeup simple. 


Finally finishing the look off with a new addition to my ever growing lipstick / gloss collection. I have been desperate to try a lip velvet so decided to try the H&M lip velvet in shade 'Dare Me' and I LOVE IT! I had heard good reviews of the H&M beauty products and was not disappointed by them. I cover the lip velvet with a nude gloss as the colour is very matte and can crack so to keep it silky throughout the day a gloss is perfect. 

And Tadaaaaaa .... 





 




1 comments:

  1. I have used the studio fix fluid before, but I am struggling to find a nice shade, what would you describe the shade you use like? some foundations can sometimes be too orange or yellow, and I am having that problem lol

    staceymathias.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 

About Me


Contact - jessduffyxx@gmail.com

Instagram - @jessduffyx

Twitter - @jessicaduffy7

22 Year old beauty & fashion blogger from North East, England UK.



Bloglovin

Follow

Social media

Jess Duffy

Jess Duffy

Ad

Email bloglovin

Follow