My daily '10 minute' makeup routine

My 10 minute every day makeup routine 


Yes I know it's shocking, believe me I'm probably we shocked as you that I've actually uploaded a makeup less selfie. I wanted to share my makeup routine that I do every morning to show that applying simple makeup doesn't have to take hours. 

I usually never leave the house without a full face so cramming a full makeup routine in on my usually rushed, morning routine is usually the case. I work in an estate agents and deal with a lot of clients face to face so looking presentable is important. 

So, I feel that I need to add a disclaimer. I am currently growing my eyebrows on a 6 week growth programme with my brow girl, so my brows are terrible! I usually don't need to draw them on as much but at the moment I can't even tell where my eyebrows are, they are crazy! 


Before applying my makeup, I start by priming my face with Mac 'Prep & Prime' in 'natural radiance base limière' in 'radiant yellow'. I find that this helps my makeup stay in place all day and gives my foundation a lovely glow. I have quite a lot of red patches which the yellow tone also helps reduce. This comes in quite a large bottle so does last a long time. I apply this with my fingers (as advised) on the bottle, just like a moisturiser. 



I then apply my foundation, I swear by Mac 'studio fix' in 'NW30' which is a perfect match for my skin tone. I love the coverage and the fact that it literally lasts me all day. I can even sometimes go to the gym straight from work with my makeup on (naughty I know) and this foundation does not move!!! It surpringly is very light on the skin even though it is brilliant for coverage. It does come with an SPF which isn't really a must when I'm choosing a foundation however I know this is important for some people when buying foundation. I apply this with a beauty blender sponge just because I like the finish the blender gives. 




I then apply another Mac foundation in a darker tone to my cheek bones and around my hairline, I don't really have time to do a full contour so this is a quick way to add some depth to my base foundation. I use Mac 'moisture foundation' in 'NW35' which I apply with an angled 'real techniques' foundation brush' I then blend this back out with my beauty blender sponge. 



I then apply a lighter concealer under my eyes, down my nose and across my forehead which I again blend out with my beauty blender. I use a Rimmel 'match perfection' in 'soft beige'. I use this because I love how light and eliminated this leaves my skin and does actually say it is a 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter. Again a bit of a cheat contour. 

On top of my foundation I then apply a bronzer to the edges of my face, in the areas that I applied the darker foundation. I usually use a cheap drug store bronzer because I seem to go through so much of it. At the moment I'm using a 'collection' (previously collection 2000) bronzer.


I then apply a Mac powder to my T zone to reduce shine and set my foundation. This is a Mac 'lightful' powder which illuminates the face, lasts all day and isn't too heavy on the skin. This is actually a refill so is in plastic packaging. 


Once I have applied my powder, I then go on to highlight. I use Mac 'soft and gentle' highlighter which is one of their best selling products, and if you've had chance to read my previous review on this product, you'll know that I absolutely love this. I apply this to my cheekbones and brow bones. 



Under my highlighter I apply my blusher in Mac Buff which is a Matt blusher in quite a neutral tanned tone which again helps give a contoured effect. 



As mentioned in the disclaimer at the top, my eye brows are currently uncontrollable! I am on a 6 week growth programme (4 weeks in) and have the craziest, wildest eyebrows I have ever had. I didn't even know my eyebrows where this big and bush like. I usually don't have to draw my eyebrows on so much because I get them tinted so I will appologise now. I will upload a post on my brows once I get them done so keep your eyes peeled! I use anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow in dark brown. I start by drawing the outline of my brows on and blend it out, darker towards the end and then lighter in the middle to give a natural faded effect. And how cute is the pot it comes in! 



I own all 3 urban decay naked palettes but usually use Naked 3 during the day and I like the Matt neutral tones. I use the three following colours, lighter in the corner and darker towards the edges. 


I then apply a black Maybeline Gel liner on top of my eyeshadow. This is actually exactly the same as Benefit's 'they're real' gel liner but for a fraction of the price, so if your a fan, give this drug store dupe a try! 


I then use a combination of mascaras, both benefit, 'they're real' and 'roller lash' because I usually can't pick which one I love more... I just love them both! 


And then, to finish off I apply my lipstick. I never feel finished until I've applied a lipstick. My day time favourite is Mac, 'pink plaid'.


And tadaaaaa.... 


My 10 minute daily makeup routine. To get this done in such a rush has took a good few years of practice. Trust me! 

I hope this gave you a few tips and tricks of how to get a simple daily look done in the crazy morning rush. 














































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me


Contact - jessduffyxx@gmail.com

Instagram - @jessduffyx

Twitter - @jessicaduffy7

22 Year old beauty & fashion blogger from North East, England UK.



Bloglovin

Follow

Social media

Jess Duffy

Jess Duffy